Joe Frillman's Pub Burger
Try Joe Frillman of Daisies burger made using Mariano's Own Chicken Parmesan Basil Pub Burgers.
- 4 Mariano's chicken parmesan pub burger patties
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 2 shallots, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 pieces bacon
- 1 handful pea shoots
- 10 peelings of parmigianno reggiano, shaved with a peeler
- 1 wedge lemon juice
- 8 leaves mint, torn
- 1 dash olive oil
- In a saute pan over high heat, add some cooking oil until the oil shimmers.
- Add in the shallots along with the salt and cook until translucent. Add in the butter so it foams and cook until almost dry. Add chili flakes.
- Add in frozen peas and the water just to cover. Add salt and bring to a boil until peas are cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Once cooked through, strain peas mixture reserving the liquid.
- In a blender or food processor, transfer the peas and blend until smooth, adding some of the liquid back into the mixture if necessary.
- Spread the pea mixture into a thin layer on a cookie tray and refrigerate immediately. Once completely cool, add to mayo and mix.
- In a non-stick pan add some butter and crack egg over low heat to sunny side up stage adding salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken patty to temp, toast bun. And cook bacon strips, reserve.
- In mixing bowl combine pea shoots, parmigianno reggiano, mint lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To Assemble: Bun, Pea Mayo on the bottom, Chicken patty, bacon strips, Pea shoot salad, sunny side up egg, extra napkins!