This is a berry-luscious dessert that combines sour cream with sweet fruits.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin, divided
- ½ cup cold water, divided
- 1½ cup sugar-free cranberry juice
- ¼ cup Splenda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- Place 1 teaspoon gelatin and ¼ cup cold water in a blender. Let stand until it blooms, about 5 minutes.
- Bring the cranberry juice to a boil. Turn the blender on low, add the boiling juice, and blend until smooth. Add the Splenda, salt, and zest.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the strawberries and blueberries. Place in a 4-cup ring mold and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place remaining gelatin and cold water in a medium bowl. Let stand until it blooms, about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Remove mold from the refrigerator and carefully spread the sour cream mixture over the berry mixture. Return to refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours more.