Juicy Turkey Sliders
Turkey tends to dry out when it is ground and cooked. But adding shredded zucchini keeps these patties juicy and nutritious.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded onion
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup minced mushrooms
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once it is heated, add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and the onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until very soft. Remove the skillet from the heat, and put the onion in a large bowl. Combine all other ingredients, except for the turkey and other teaspoon of vegetable oil, and stir until well combined.
- Break the turkey up over the surface of the bowl. Use your hands to gently massage the meat into the other ingredients. Combine the meat into eight equally shaped balls.
- Flatten balls into patties and then wrap them in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Place four patties into the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until well browned.
- Flip patties, cover the skillet with a lid, and let cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Check the center to make sure they’re cooked through.