Jumbo Gingerbread Muffins
These jumbo-sized muffins are loaded with familiar gingerbread spices. Whip up a batch for a festive family breakfast.
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cloves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup cup milk, at room temperature
- Coarse sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare 6-cup jumbo muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or paper liners.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and molasses together, microwaving in 20 second intervals until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- In medium bowl, whisk together molasses mixture, brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil, yogurt and milk. Fold into flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin pan, filling to the top. Bake 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Continue baking 21 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top muffins with coarse sugar and serve.