Jumbo Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Skewers
Remember to soak your wooden skewers for 20 minutes before you grill with them to prevent them from catching fire.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail-on
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 2 white asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in 3" pieces
- 3 Tbsp. peanut oil
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- Combine honey, hot sauce, lemon juice, and thyme leaves. Add shrimp and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade and pat dry.
- Preheat grill or broiler on high. Thread each shrimp onto a wooden skewer so that the shrimp is positioned along the skewer straight up and down alternating with vegetables. Rub with the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil for about 2 minutes per side.
- Mix together the honey, hot sauce, and thyme, and brush the glaze over the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Serve hot.