Kale and Sausage Muffins
These savory muffins are ready in under an hour and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups Kroger Brand Kale, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, cook Italian sausage, breaking up with spoon, until no longer pink.
- Stir in kale; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, until wilted. Drain excess fat. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, whisk together butter, milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Add flour and baking powder, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in sausage, kale and cheese. Evenly divide batter between prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan.