Kale and Brazil Nut Smoothie
This unusual blend of ingredients delivers sound nutrition and unique flavor. Kale is a nutritional powerhouse that provides an abundance of vitamins A and K. Ninety-one percent of Brazil nuts’ calories come from fat, making them a perfect addition to the ketogenic diet.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup Brazil nuts, frozen
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½–1 cup ice, as needed
- Place kale, nuts, coconut oil, coconut milk, cinnamon, and allspice in a blender and blend until thoroughly combined.
- With the blender running, add ice in small batches until desired consistency is reached. If smoothie is too thick, add splashes of water to thin out the consistency.