Kale and Crispy Prosciutto Pasta
Celebrate the first signs of spring with this hearty, easy meal. Crunchy kale, nutty Parmesan, and salty prosciutto come together with a touch of heat over pasta and warm tomatoes.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch squares
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 4 oz. farfalle pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1⁄8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp. shaved Parmesan cheese
- Lay a single layer of prosciutto in a large skillet and cook over medium heat. Cook 7 to 8 minutes until browned. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes until browned and crispy. Reserve.
- Bring a large pot of water with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Cook farfalle for 11 minutes until al dente.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until oil shimmers, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions, black pepper, and remaining salt. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add broth, crushed red pepper, and cooked pasta, stirring well. Heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta has absorbed some of the liquid.
- Add kale and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Serve topped with Parmesan.