Kendall Jackson Warm Mushroom Dip
Made with a blend of gourmet mushrooms and topped with toasty melted cheese, this creamy, dreamy appetizer is great for any occasion.
Serves: 12Prep: 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 pounds Private Selection™ Gourmet Blend Mushroom
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted, if desired
- Preheat broiler.
- In large sauté pan over medium heat, heat olive oil 1 minute. Add mushrooms and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 7 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and have released their water. Transfer to bowl to reserve.
- Return sauté pan to medium heat; melt butter. Add shallots, garlic and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes, until shallots and garlic are golden brown.
- Add flour; continue cooking, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine; deglaze pan, stirring to dislodge any browned bits from pan bottom. Continue cooking 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and soy sauce; continue cooking 3 to 6 minutes, until reduced by half. Add reserved mushrooms; continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Remove heat; transfer to broiler-proof serving dish. Top evenly with cheese. Broil until cheese melts and is golden brown. Serve hot with baguette slices on the side for dipping.