Kentucky Corn Pudding
Frozen corn has never tasted so good! Mix it up with shredded cheddar, pimientos and a bit of butter for a lovely veggie side dish. It also makes for a great main course for vegetarians when paired with extra veggies.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Frozen Super Sweet Corn, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon drained diced pimientos
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Stir in corn, cheese, butter and pimientos. Stir in flour mixture until incorporated. Pour mixture into 2-quart casserole dish. Bake 20 minutes; stir. Bake 35-40 minutes longer until knife inserted in center comes out clean and pudding is set. Refrigerate any leftovers.