Keto BLT Turkey Burgers
Step aside, bread! This bacon “bun” is on a roll. Baked to crispy perfection and topped with a delicious turkey burger, this fun take on a BLT is a perfect keto-friendly sandwich for lunch or dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 35 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (12 oz.) center cut bacon slices, halved
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pieces lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Mayonnaise, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On a baking sheet, weave bacon. Line 3 bacon halves side by side. Lift end of middle bacon slice and place fourth bacon half on top of sidepieces and underneath middle slice; lay middle slice back down. Lift two side strips of bacon, place fifth bacon half on top of middle piece and underneath sides; lay side slices back down. Lift other end of middle slice and place sixth slice on top of side pieces and underneath middle slices. Repeat this process to make a second weave; repeat again for all four burgers.
- Bake 25 minutes, until crispy. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate; cool 10-15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground turkey, salt and pepper. Form into four equal patties.
- Grill burgers 8-12 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- On bacon bun, layer turkey burgers, lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with mayonnaise, if desired.