Keto Coconut Lemon Cream Pie
A coconut crust is browned in the oven while creamy lemon filling is made on the stove top and chilled to silky perfection. This delicious dessert offers plenty of keto-friendly fats from coconut, butter and cream cheese while keeping the sugar low by using an erythritol sweetener blend.
Serves: 8Prep: 6 hours 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 11 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups fine shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Erythritol Blend Zero Calorie Sugar Substitute, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl, melt 5 tablespoons butter. Mix in coconut and 2 tablespoons sugar substitute. Press into bottom and up sides of 9” pie plate. Bake 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, remaining ¾ cup sugar substitute, arrowroot starch and salt. Stir constantly until mixture comes to boil.
- In heat-safe bowl, whisk egg yolks. Add a few tablespoons hot juice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue slowly adding juice mixture to eggs, stirring constantly, until about half the juice has been added.
- Add egg mixture back to saucepan with remaining juice. Cook over medium to medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened like pudding, about 4-6 minutes (temperature will be around 170°F).
- Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining 6 tablespoons butter. Transfer to bowl. Press plastic wrap on surface; let cool completely.
- In mixing bowl, use hand mixer on medium speed to beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add cooled lemon curd; beat to combine. Pour mixture into cooled coconut crust.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, whip cream to soft peaks. Stir in vanilla or coconut extract. Spread whipped cream over top of pie.
- Refrigerate leftovers.