Keto Taco Cheese Cups
These cleverly crafted cheese cups are filled with your favorite taco toppings for a keto-friendly snack or flavorful appetizer.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease bottom of muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- On baking sheet, spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese a few inches apart. Bake about 6 minutes, until bubbly and golden on edges. Let cool about 1 minute.
- Cut squares in parchment paper around each cheese circle. Carefully place melted cheese slices on bottom of greased muffin tin; gently press around tin to form a cup. Peel off parchment paper. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, cook onion until tender. Stir in garlic and beef. Crumble to cook, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Transfer cheese cups to a plate. Fill each cup with ground beef. Top with avocado, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.