Key Lime Coconut Bars
Key Lime Coconut Bars are a refreshing treat on a hot day.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 3⁄4 cups coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 5 Tbsp. coconut ghee, chilled
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 4 tsp. grated key lime zest
- 1 cup lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix coconut flour, coconut sugar, and half of the coconut. Using a pastry cutter, cut the ghee into the coconut flour mixture until it is crumbly. Pat into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan; bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, beat together egg yolks, coconut cream, tapioca starch, 4 teaspoons of lime zest, and lime juice. Bring to a boil; cook about 1 minute, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Pour filling into cooled crust; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake another 10 minutes; remove from oven. Chill until ready to serve.