Key Lime Curd
For a gourmet flavor to your lime curd, use fresh Key limes if you can find them. If not, you can use the bottled Key lime juice available at many grocers and on the Internet.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into chunks and kept cold
- In a nonglass bowl over a double boiler, whisk eggs until smooth; beat in sugar and lime juice and zest.
- Keeping water in double boiler simmering, continue to stir curd 7 to 10 minutes, or until it is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Place bowl over a bowl of ice; whisk in butter, blending until smooth. Stir curd occasionally while it cools.
- Place wax paper over top of curd; chill at least 1 hour