Key Lime Pie
Feel free to use a purchased graham cracker crust for this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Key lime juice
- 1 tsp. Key lime zest, plus extra for garnish
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1 small Key lime, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press over the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Using a mixer on low speed, beat egg yolks with sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Blend in cream, Key lime juice, and 1 teaspoon zest. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until firm. Let pie cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until completely set.
- Before serving, top the whole pie with whipped cream or top individual servings with a dollop of whipped cream; garnish with lime zest and lime slices.