Kidney Bean and Chickpea Salad
This marinated two-bean salad is perfect for summer picnics or as a side for outdoor barbecues or potlucks.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) corn, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, paprika, and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, beans, bell peppers, corn, onion, and parsley. Pour the olive oil dressing over the bean mixture and toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to mingle.