Kidney Bean Chili
This rich soup is a nice alternative to meat-based chili.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (18 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté bell pepper, celery, onion, zucchini, and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 more minutes.