Kidney Bean and Corn Chili
Garnish each individual serving with some grated Cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of chopped cashews, if desired.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz.) cooked kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. ground basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat the oil. Sauté the green pepper, celery, onion, and garlic over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 more minutes.