Kids’ Favorite Meatloaf
Actually, this is much loved by grown-ups as well as children.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 slices (½" thick) corn bread
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. ground meatloaf mix (beef, pork, and veal)
- 2 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven too 325°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, cornbread, chili sauce, milk, salt, pepper, cheese, and oregano in a food processor or blender. Pulse to blend, then pour ingredients into a large bowl. Add meatloaf mix and mix thoroughly.
- Pour meatloaf mixture into the prepared pan without tamping it down. Add bacon to the top. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour. Let cool slightly before cutting.