Kielbasa and Smashed Potatoes
Kielbasa is fully cooked, giving you a head start with your meal prep. Pre-cooking and smashing the potatoes helps them to get crispy on the outside. Creamer potatoes are ideal for this method, as they’re tender inside and have a thin skin that doesn’t need to be peeled. You can find different varieties of creamers to try.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 oz.) Simple Truth™ Polish Pork Kielbasa, cut into 8 sections
- 1 6-inch red creamer potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 package (10 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Broccoli Florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a pot of boiling water, simmer the potatoes whole and unpeeled until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the water and cool slightly on a cutting board. Press each potato with the back of a metal spatula or a small skillet to smash it. Place smashed potatoes on an oiled baking tray and allow to cool. The potatoes can be prepped to this point a day ahead of time.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the potatoes to the skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes on each side until potatoes are crisp and golden brown. Keep warm while you prepare the kielbasa and vegetables.
- Add the kielbasa, broccoli and peppers to the hot pan and season with salt and pepper. Add a ¼ cup water and cover the pan, to help steam the vegetables in the pan. Shake the pan and turn the kielbasa and vegetables to cook evenly and warm entirely through.
- Top the potatoes with chopped chives and grated Parmesan cheese and serve with the kielbasa and vegetables.