Kimchi Jun (Kimchi Pancakes) with Sesame Dipping Sauce
These pancakes are incredibly flavorful. They’re loaded with spice and tartness from the kimchi, which pairs perfectly with the nuttiness of sesame.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1⁄2 cup kimchi juice
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced, divided
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. spicy chili oil
- Mix the kimchi, kimchi juice, flour, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in one sliced scallion, and reserve the other.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1⁄4 cup of batter into the frying pan. Flatten and thin the batter with an offset spatula. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and repeat. Continue the process until the batter is gone.
- Whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and chili oil in a small bowl. Serve pancakes with dipping sauce, and garnish with reserved scallion.