King Ranch Chicken
This layered Tex-Mex-inspired casserole offers maximum flavor with minimal cleanup. Pair this instant classic with a cold Cola-Cola®.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 36 minutesTotal: 56 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz.) Ro-Tel® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
- 1⁄4 cup Coca-Cola®
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6-inch cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease large baking dish.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion and bell pepper until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; continue cooking until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in soups, Ro-Tel® and Coca-Cola®. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In prepared baking dish, layer 6 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Spread ⅓ of sauce over tortillas; top with half the chicken and ⅓ of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with 6 tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, until chicken and tortillas are warmed through and cheese is melted.