Kiss of Spice Cookies
These cookies have a hint of spice that will keep you and the people you share these with coming back for more! If you want a richer spice flavor, you can double the spices.
Makes: 60Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. allspice
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the sugar and butter. Beat on medium speed until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, about 30 seconds each, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg to combine. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets by the tablespoon, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.