Korean Fried Cauliflower
These hearty and delicate florets are the perfect appetizer. They’re salty with a tiny bit of heat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ cups seltzer water
- 1 tsp. gochujang or Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1 small cauliflower, trimmed into medium florets
- 2 tsp. salt
- In a large, heavy bottomed Dutch oven, heat 3" oil to 350°F.
- While oil is heating, whisk flour, cornstarch, seltzer water, and gochujang together in a large bowl. The batter should be thin and the texture of pancake batter.
- Working in batches, coat the cauliflower florets in batter, and drop them into the hot oil using a slotted metal spoon.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.