Korean Grilled Chicken and Scallion Rice
This succulent chicken will bring everyone running to the table. It’s full of sweet and savory flavors, and has just a bit of spice. Round out the meal with scallion rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. spicy chili paste
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1½ lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced, divided
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, chili paste, and crushed red pepper together in a medium bowl. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag, and pour mixture over chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- About 30 minutes before cooking the chicken, start the rice. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the whites of the scallions to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice, and stir for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam covered for 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the pan, and discard marinade. Cook the chicken undisturbed for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with rice and garnish with scallion greens.