Korean Plant-Based Bowls
These Korean-inspired bowls have an OptUP score of 79, and are loaded with fresh vegetables and plant-based grind for a tasty meatless meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 package (1 lb.) Simple Truth™ Emerge Plant-Based Grind
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onion until tender. Add plant-based grind; crumble. Stir in ginger and garlic; continue cooking until fragrant. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté eggplant, bell pepper and zucchini about 5 minutes, until tender. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and pepper.
- Divide rice into four bowls; top with plant-based grind mixture and vegetable mixture.
- Serve with green onions and refrigerate leftovers.