Serve this recipe as part of a brunch or buffet. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking, or make a savory version by omitting the sugar entirely.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 oz.) yolk-free egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 container (16 oz.) reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 container (16 oz.) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray. Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Combine the noodles, butter, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, egg whites, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake the mixture for 1 hour until it bubbles and begins to brown.