Lag BʼOmer Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
This cabbage dish is great for picnics, cookouts, and pot lucks.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- 1½ Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. margarine
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. thyme
- Place all ingredients into a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir to distribute all ingredients evenly.
- Cook on low for 4–6 hours or until the cabbage is very soft. Stir before serving.