Lamb Chops with Mushrooms and Onion
Orange and thyme add great flavor to these lamb chops.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 shoulder lamb chops, about 3⁄4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper, divided
- 4 oz. fresh cremini mushrooms
- 4 large pearl onions, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat
- Trim lamb chops. Rub lamb chops with thyme, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add mushrooms and onions to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place on bottom rack in oven.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil; brown lamb chops quickly on both sides. Place skillet on middle rack in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Stir constantly for 2 minutes, until the mixture starts to brown and no bubbles remain. Slowly whisk in the milk until the mixture starts to thicken. Bring to a boil and add remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat and let cook for 3 minutes. Stir in parsley and set aside.
- Arrange chops, mushrooms, and onions separately on a serving plate; spoon sauce over the mushrooms.