Lamb Kabobs with Indian Spices
At its best, this marinated lamb is silky, juicy, and delicious.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. Madras curry powder
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp. Splenda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried mint leaves or 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, minced
- 1 lb. lean lamb, well trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Combine yogurt, lime juice, garlic, curry powder, ginger, Splenda, salt, pepper, and mint in a large zip-top plastic bag, then add lamb. Marinate for 8 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Dry lamb on paper towels, then string on skewers. Broil for about 2 minutes per side for medium doneness.