You can make a vegetarian version with thick slices of squash, onion, bell peppers, eggplant, and mushrooms instead of the lamb.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground lamb
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Presoak the bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- Mix the lamb, cumin, cayenne, and cilantro in a large bowl. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Shape the mixture into small balls.
- Skewer 3 balls on each bamboo stick and grill over an open flame for 5 minutes.