Lamb Rib Chops Glazed in Red Wine
If you can find American lamb, opt for it. It is a larger meatier lamb and results in heartier portions. Try using port to add a sweet note to this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 rack of lamb, cut into 4 thick chops
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sautéed mushrooms
- 1 cup sautéed green vegetables
- Bring the port wine to a hard boil in a saucepan until only about 1⁄4 cup remains. Add the butter to the wine and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Season both sides of each chop with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet on medium-high, and sear the chops on both sides. Brush the glaze over the chops, and place the skillet in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes for medium-rare. Serve hot with mushrooms and vegetables.