Lamb Stew with Potatoes and Carrots
Serve this hearty stew with warm hunks of sourdough bread and herbed butter for dipping.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. lamb, cubed
- 5 cups water, divided
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 lb. small new potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf, rosemary, and parsley tied together)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch parsley leaves, torn
- Cube the lamb. Heat it in 2 cups water in a covered pot over high heat and boil 10 minutes, then drain. Transfer the meat to the slow cooker.
- Combine the meat and vegetables with salt, 2 cups water, and the bouquet garni in the slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on a low setting for 5 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, remove the bouquet garni. Blend the flour and remaining 1 cup water and stir slowly into the stew. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and top with parsley