Lamb with Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary
You can use the spice rub in this recipe as a marinade by applying it to the leg of lamb the day before cooking. The red wine in this dish can be replaced with chicken or beef stock.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 10 minutes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 leg of lamb (3 lbs.)
- 1 large lemon, cut into ¼" slices
- ½ cup red wine
- In a small bowl mix together garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the leg of lamb.
- Place a few lemon slices in the bottom of a greased 4–6-quart slow cooker. Place spice-rubbed lamb on top of lemon slices.
- Add remaining lemon slices on top of lamb. Pour wine around the lamb.
- Cook on low heat for 8–10 hours.