Large-Batch Asian Plum Marinade
If you’re not fond of plums try peaches or tangerines in this sauce.
Makes: 7 PintsHands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 7 Pints
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard seed
- 2 Tbsp. green chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, peeled and minced
- 10 cups plums, pitted and chopped
- In a large stockpot, combine sugars, vinegar, onion, mustard seed, chili peppers, salt, garlic, and gingerroot. Bring to a boil; add plums.
- Return mixture to a boil; boil gently, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until thick and syrupy.
- Ladle sauce into sterilized jars, leaving ¼" headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Cap and seal. Process in a water-bath canner 10 minutes.