This is a crowd-pleaser, full of meat and cheese. For a complete meal, serve with a green salad and garlic bread. Leftovers can be wrapped in individual portions and frozen for 1 month.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1-lb. box lasagna noodles
- 3 eggs
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a lasagna (baking) pan and spread 1 cup sauce on the bottom. Mix the remaining sauce with the cooked ground beef. Set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles in boiling water. (Be sure to take them out before they are completely done—about 1 minute before package instructions suggest—so they don’t overcook when you bake the lasagna.) Place one layer of noodles over the sauce layer in the pan.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, ricotta, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese until well blended. Stir in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles in the pan. Top the ricotta with a layer of noodles. Ladle 2 cups of the meat sauce over the noodles; top with another layer of noodles.
- Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with the last of the noodles. Ladle the remaining meat sauce over the noodles.
- Scatter the remaining mozzarella cheese over the sauce; sprinkle it with the Parmesan cheese. Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes.