Lasagna with Sausage and Meatballs
Be creative with lasagna. Almost anything can be stuffed between the flat noodles. Layers of seafood, different vegetables, or meats can be used.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- 8 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb. cooked meatballs
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, cooked
- ¾ cup ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh-grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of water to a slow boil, add pasta and partially cook for approximately 4 minutes, and then shock in ice water.
- Spoon a thin layer of the tomato sauce into the bottom of a large baking pan. Layer pasta sheets over with sauce, then top with a layer of the meatballs, sausage, cheeses, basil, oregano, and pepper. Ladle sauce over the top. Repeat layering until the pan is almost full, finishing with a top layer of pasta, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover, and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.