Lavash (Armenian Cracker Bread)
This is a thin, crispy bread that goes well with hummus and is also a good base for a quick pizza.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ⅔ cup water
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add water, egg replacement, and melted margarine, stirring until dough is stiff. Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is smooth. Cut dough into 10 even pieces; shape into balls.
- Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface until very thin. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10–12 minutes, until browned.