Layered Gnocchi Casserole
With layers of ground beef, kale, mozzarella and gnocchi, you could think of this dish as tater tot casserole’s more sophisticated Italian cousin.
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen chopped kale, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (16 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Traditional Potato Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8” square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix together ground beef, 1 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, fennel seed and pepper.
- Press meat mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Top with kale and marinara sauce, mixing carefully to avoid breaking up meat layer. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Toss gnocchi with olive oil and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Place gnocchi in even layer over cheese.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until beef reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and gnocchi are crisped on top. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.