Layered Mexican Taco-Pizzas
These little pizzas are packed full of flavor. You could replace the beef with cooked chorizo, chopped chicken if you’d like.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add jalapeño peppers; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add beef and sauté until the beef is cooked through and any juices have cooked off.
- Remove from heat and stir in refried beans, salsa, and chili powder; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 2 tortillas on two cookie sheets. Spread with 1⁄4 of the shredded cheese, 1⁄4 of the beef and bean mixture, and 1⁄4 of the tomatoes. Repeat layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and cheeses are melted and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with lettuce and serve immediately.