Lay’s® BBQ Skillet Mac & Cheese
A sprinkle of Lay's® Barbecue Flavored Potato Chips gives this easy-to-make skillet mac & cheese a satisfyingly smoky flavor and lots of crunch.
Serves: 5Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup Lay's® Barbecue Flavored Potato Chips
- 1 pound penne or rigatoni
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta al dente.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Cook onions 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in flour. Slowly whisk in milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Whisk in BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese until melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta, coating evenly.
- Pour mac and cheese back into skillet; top with crushed chips and Parmesan cheese. Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown.