Lean, Mean Sloppy Joes
Forget about the school lunchroom Sloppy Joes. Rediscover why this sandwich is an American favorite by using this clean recipe!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil and sauté the onion and pepper until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, egg, sautéed onion and green pepper, garlic powder, mustard, and Worcestershire, and mix until thoroughly combined. Return the mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and scoop six even servings onto each of the whole wheat buns.