Instead of potatoes, serve this creamy and flavorful purée with meatloaf or roast chicken.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large leeks, white parts only, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free vegetable broth
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, leeks, and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and cauliflower florets; bring to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Remove from heat and, using an immersion blender, purée the mixture. Add yogurt and pepper; heat through until steaming; serve hot.