Leek and Cheese Bake
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 9" pastry shell
- 2 large leeks, sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prebake the pastry shell for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 400°F. In a saucepan, sauté the leeks in butter just until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Let cool.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sour cream, and salt together. Sprinkle half the cheese on the bottom of the pastry shell. Spread the leeks on top and cover with the remaining cheese. Pour the egg custard over the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.