Leek and Feta Frittata
Leeks, dill, and feta come together in this irresistible frittata.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 6 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 large eggs
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 leeks (white and pale green parts only), sliced into ½" pieces
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¾ cup feta
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers, about 1 minute. Add the leeks and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the diced potato and lemon juice and sauté for another minute.
- Add the leeks to the egg mixture and stir well. Stir in the feta and parsley.
- Grease a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with remaining olive oil.
- Pour frittata mixture into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4–6 hours or on high for 2–3 hours. The frittata is cooked through when a knife in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from slow cooker, cut into wedges, and serve hot or at room temperature.