Leek and Pea Soup
This rich and colorful soup is great for lunch or dinner.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. snipped chives
- 1⁄4 cup garlic croutons
- 2 sprigs basil
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and sauté the garlic and leek for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a blender or food processor. Add the peas, broth, and yogurt. Purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into soup bowls and garnish with croutons, chives, and basil.