This quiche version of the classic French leek tart is delicious at any meal. To make a tart, press the pie crust into a tart pan and trim off excess dough.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 lbs. leeks, trimmed, well-cleaned, and sliced thin
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 pie crust (9")
- Heat oven to 400°F. Press pie crust into a pie pan.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the leeks over medium-low heat until very soft, about 30 minutes, seasoning with salt and black pepper. Do not brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and nutmeg. Combine the leeks and the egg mixture and pour into the pie shell. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before cutting.