Leftover Eggplant Parmesan Panini
Make a delicious and satisfying grilled sandwich using the leftover breaded eggplant and tomato sauce from baked eggplant parmesan. Add pesto and cheese for additional flavor.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 slices Hoagie roll, split lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. pesto
- 3 slices of provolone cheese
- ¼ cup tomato sauce, warmed divided use
- 2 slices of leftover breaded eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the panini press. Reheat eggplant by placing on heated grill and press for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread pesto over bottom half of roll. Layer with slices of provolone cheese, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, and heated eggplant. Spoon the remaining 2 tablespoons of sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper. Cover with top of roll and place on the press. Close lid and cook for 3–5 minutes.
- Remove from press, cut in half, and serve warm.