Leftover Eggplant Parmesan Panini
Make a delicious and satisfying grilled sandwich using the leftover breaded eggplant and tomato sauce from baked eggplant parmesan. Add pesto and cheese for additional flavor.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 slices Hoagie roll, split lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. pesto
- 3 slices of provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce, warmed divided use
- 2 slices of leftover breaded eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the panini press. Reheat eggplant by placing on heated grill and press for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread pesto over bottom half of roll. Layer with slices of provolone cheese, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, and heated eggplant. Spoon the remaining 2 tablespoons of sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper. Cover with top of roll and place on the press. Close lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from press, cut in half, and serve warm.