Leftover Meatball Soup
Add extra flavor by using canned tomatoes with herbs, or replacing the dried oregano with an equivalent amount of Italian seasoning.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 24 frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Sprinkle the paprika and oregano on top of the onion. Sauté until the onion is shiny and softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, stirring to mix in with the onion and garlic. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the meatballs. Stir in the pepper and turmeric. Return to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve hot.